|BRDF-BTDF Measurement||BiRT Robot Series|
|Luminous flux measurement of luminaires||LF-1.5 (or larger), LG series, ALFI|
BRDF / BTDF Measurement
- Tuneable monochromatic input beam with polarizer and monitoring detector;
- 6-axis robot for sample positioning and rotation in 3 axes;
- Precision slew ring for detector motion;
- Software control and coordination of all measurement functions.
Furthermore, because the input beam is monochromatic and can be tuned to different wavelengths, the sample’s spectral reflectance can be analysed as well as any fluorescence effects.
These measurements have a wide range of applications including:
- Characterisation of the appearance of motor vehicle coatings;
- Evaluation of the appearance of foods;
- Creating models for surfaces (textiles, skin, plants etc.) for use in simulations such as animated films.
As such the BRDF and BTDF measurement systems are used intensively by the automotive, consumer and entertainment industries.
Senior Research Scientist at the Measurement Standards Laboratory of New Zealand Dr Annette Koo says “The goniospectrophotometer that we developed in conjunction with PSI has enabled us to realise an independent scale of absolute reflectance and transmittance for both regular and diffuse materials. We can now offer a wide range of services characterising materials such as diffusers, gonio-apparent materials, reference colour standards (including ceramics, opal and spectralon), optical coatings, transmittance haze standards and many more.”
In addition to the high-end application shown in this example, PSI can also manufacture the BRDF/BTDF measurement equipment in a range of sizes with different configurations, broadband sources, multiple detector options, etc. See also the BiRT BRDF measurement systems [here].
For more information please contact one of our sales/applications engineers.